Sunday, August 14, 2011

YUMMY! Costco chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling! With a cup of coffee and I'm close to heaven! Tasty good! This was at my daughter's baby shower. She received a lot of nice gifts and fun stuff. It was a good day for everyone.

I'm working on a beaded goddess doll for a friend. Really need to stop goofing on the computer and get busy on that. I made 2 sculpty clay dolls the other night that I need to paint and dress. One is for another doll exchange called, "The Animal in Me". I'm not sure how I'm going to embellish the doll yet. Was thinking of doing it more like a masquerade ball type thing. I did something new for me, Shocking!!!! I used wires to make "joints" for the dolls. It actually worked! I'll need to scan the dolls in and show how I did it. It came to me in a dream...need to pay more attention to my dreams I guess. Except the ones where I'm hunting big bugs or fighting a zombie sea captain. I also need to start a Thank You gift from my Uncle Jose. My Aunt Claudine passed away in April, she was into making all kinds of crafts. Mostly she did Native American crafts like dream catchers, beaded work, leather works, etc. Uncle Jose didn't know what to do with all her supplies and material. Aunt Billie - aka: Auntie Funny Fun - told him that I did a lot of crafts so Uncle Jose had her pack up her Outback and bring it all up to me. I'm so touched by his act and all the beautiful things that were sent up, that I want to make him a special gift. I was thinking of making him a leather Medicine Pouch, doing a bead work design on another piece of material and attaching to the front of the pouch. I haven't started this yet, still trying to think of a design for it. I love ravens so maybe something like that. I'll also put in it some agates that I picked up at the beach and shells.

Well, that's it for now! Off to work on the goddess doll which will be finished in the next day or so, I hope! Depends of if I stop goofing on the computer or not.

Big Squishy Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment