Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Animal in Me Doll Exchange

This is my finished Animal in Me doll. She is boxed up and ready to make her long travel to Australia. Shawn will take her to work with him and mail her from Portland, probably on Tuesday. I had so much fun making her. I'm thrilled that she actually turned out better than I expected. This was the first time I used a wool fiber for hair and then I wasn't sure how I'd get her hair finished. I'm not good at hair design. Not even doing pony tails! You can notice that the beak of the bird mask is brown in color. That's because I burned the sculpty clay. Oops! I was going to paint the mask, but I liked the brownish turning into the purple clay - so, it was left alone. This is also the first sculpty doll I've made using wire joints. It was an experiment that sort of worked. I can improve this technique and make it easier to do and, hopefully, make the joints move better. But, it was all new to me and fun to play around with.

Next Tuesday, I'll be on a plane and heading to West Virginia to visit my Most Perfect Sister and Bestest Friend, Shelley! I can't wait! We are going to have such a great time and drive her poor, poor hubby, Mitchell, insane! Hee hee hee! She has some wonderful plans for us to go shopping at Monster Beads, visit a Civil War battle field, and other places of interest. We also plan on finishing our journals for each other and begin our new round robin adventure. Next up will be dolls for us to dress and embellish! That's going to be a HOOT!

Well, I need to get busy around here. Lots to do and I've been lazy and not working on much of anything. So, have a great week and I'll yak at ya later!

Big Squishy Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment