Wednesday, June 3, 2015

New directions from out of no where! Exciting!

Have an opportunity coming up next year. Something out of my comfort zone, but something to try to achieve. My daughter took me to a "Haunted Gathering" where she could learn more about horror make-up for the local theater group. She showed some of my doll creations to one of the exhibitors (RJ from Face Off season 2 ?) who told me that next year I should have a booth there and sell my designs! I'm excited and a bit freaked out! Talk about an ego boost! So, I've been busy making some of my "Rag-a-Muffin" dolls. They are not in the horror genre or even close to being scary. My 8 year old granddaughter wants to take them all home. But, I do have a lot of ideas to make magic wands (I already have some beaded magic wands made and stored about here someplace), an off-set of the Rag-a-Muffin with a more sinister look, and some more Halloween and Steampunk type dolls. Perhaps some postcard sets and greeting card sets too. UGH! My head is filled with stuff and I just need to stop goofing on the computer and get busy!

I do not use a sewing machine to make them. Just a needle, tread and my chubby fingers! I would use a sewing machine, but that would require me clearing a space off the dining room table. Yeah, that's not going to happen any time soon!

I also have a drawing to do for Kyle Anderson. I can see it inside my brain, but can't seem to get it out onto paper. He wants a really great design, and has very clear instructions/description. It will be a lot of fun...again, once I quit goofing on the computer and get busy on it!

Hope you are all having a great day and Big Squishy Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment