Sunday, September 20, 2009

I took this picture of Mt. St. Helens in the early 1970's. It was from the dock at Harry Truman's lodge. I was there for a Girl's League officer's retreat to plan out the year's events. I found some old negatives and fortunately this was in with them. I'm glad I found this one. It's one of the few photographs I took during my teen years that actually turned out! I haven't returned to see Mt. St. Helens since it blew. I did fly over it once on a trip. Sadly, my camera was packed in an overhead storage and I couldn't get it out in time to take a picture. But, it wouldn't have compared to this one anyway. I'm sure the area is returning to a beautiful place. I think I'd rather remember it with Spirit Lake and the Truman Lodge and the girl who got sick and barfed out the second story window.

1 comment:

  1. Hi babes, I was reading your blog and it greatI love the pictures and your doing great with the drawingsyou havent lost it yet after all this time, at least you ca draw I have tryed so many times to draw its in my head but it wont come out in the hand and paper that why I rubber stamp. ok chjatt later love your blog and the fish is the best
    Mary R

    ReplyDelete