Wednesday, September 30, 2009

This mixed media work was created for at bloubell-alteredexpressions.blogspot. She provided a beautiful vintage photo of the young girl and we could embellish it as we chose creating our own work of art. This was about my 5th attempt! I used a gel medium to transfer the image to a 5"x 7" canvas board. Once it was dried I used watercolors to tint the picture. I added the torn vellum edges, a metal heart, the rectangle rock beads, metal rose charms (from Paper Imagery Design), and an old belt that was broken and certainly wouldn't fit around this pudgy bod! I'm very happy with how this turned out. It's been ages since I used watercolors so this was a bit of a challenge...I generally make mud when I use watercolors! Now, I just need to figure out how I'm going to frame it so the belt can hang down. Got ideas, just need to play around and see if they work!

I had a blast and learned some do's and don't's for transferring images! Made lots of messes and tossed lots in the recycle bin.

Hope you're all having a great time!

1 comment: