Tuesday, March 17, 2015



Two works from my college days, back in the mid 1970's. I can see areas I need to improve on...like the hair in the lower pen and ink. And, evening out the shading in the upper pencil drawing. I was in my early 20's when I drew these. So very long ago.

It use to come so "naturally". It use to be so easy and just seemed to flow out the end of the pencils and pens. Now, I seem to struggle with every dot, every line, every idea. How did I lose that freedom of expression over the years? 

Instead of following my passion for art and striving to make a living creating. I chose a guaranteed paycheck and a life of living up to other's expectations and standards. I sacrificed some of who I was to please others. I put my artistic passions on the shelf and tried to become a "normal" person. I had a break down. I then realized that I sacrificed way too much of myself for others.

Now, I am on a journey to rediscover myself and my art passions. Perhaps, by finding these old works, I will find the passion that was shelved for too many years.

Big Squishy Hugs and Never Let Go of Your Dreams and Passions

No comments:

Post a Comment