Sunday, September 11, 2011





















Salvador Dali. An amazing person, phenomenal artist. His work still amazes me. To try and understand how he saw the world around him...I think it would be a trip into insanity. I wonder, what did he dream about? The world of art has changed in so many ways. So many new materials to experiment with. Mixed Media and Collage Art have become part of the main stream art world. I wonder how far Salvador would have taken this art form. If you look at the jewelry he designed, I think he would have taken the materials available today and had a hey day!

Right now, I'm in a terrible art slump. I've gotten too comfortable and continue to do the same old thing. Even when I try something new, it ends up being the same old thing. I haven't drawn anything worth the paper I've scribbled on in ages. I'm frustrated. I've made some dolls from sculpty clay and need to make an "Animal In Me" costume for one. I liked how the dolls turned out at first, but have quickly gotten over that. I look at them and see how I could have made them better. I know it's a learning process. I know it's trial and error and there are "no mistakes" especially in the creation of art. But, I'm 55, soon to be 56, years old and I would think that I'd have found my heart's passion and moved forward. Instead, I'm stalled, tired, and boring.

My house is cluttered and such a mess. I can't find the art materials I want to work with when I need them. I have a spare room upstairs that has been used as a "catch all" by Shawn, Carston, and Nick. You can't even walk through the door of that room! I want it cleaned out and made into my studio space. Want to organize all my supplies so I can create without spending hours searching for supplies. I just keep thinking that one day I'll have my studio space and I'll be "home". I look forward to that day of bookcases with my art books, shelves with my supplies all in place, and a desk with space for my computer, sewing machine, and papers. So, whatever I desire to do I will have a place to work.

But, for now, I'm just feeling lost. Alone. Sad. Depression sucks big time.

Big Squishy Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment